Thursday, February 16, 2012

Camping Trip Being Planned

It's Theresa's birthday today and when we talked she told me she is wanting to go camping this summer, for at least a week, maybe even longer, and that she wants it to be a bigger event. So we're going to see ow many people we can get to go, even if they only stay a few days at a time. I love to go camping, and it's the tearing down of the site that I hate to do, unless I know I'm going to go again very soon. I told her since I work online, and she's not working right now, and she said they have wifi, and (yes, I'm rambling) that if she let me borrow her laptop, I could go for longer than a week. I'm shooting for a month. She's worried about her puppy, who can't go (breed isn't welcome at the location we're planning on going to) being let out, but she should be able to go home a couple times a day, or have Gene let him out, too. It's workable, I know it is.

With our two tents, and her two, and then one of the guys having a camper (he's wanting electric), we're pretty set. We already have all the cooking gear, and I told her I can bring the coffee maker, and the electric stove, so with a fire pit or two going, as well, we're set.

This should give Karl a good chance at checking out the nearby river (which is toxic and even has warning signs not to come into contact with the water, joy), ride his bike all over the place, and play on the playground equipment, and maybe, just maybe, get used to taking showers, lol. This is going to be a good field trip for his homeschool studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment